Monday, July 05, 2010

Welcome to Mayberry

So, as soon as we got back in town from our road trip with Wanda and David, my mom asked it Jeremy and I would go with her to visit Sarah in North Carolina. Jeremy was thrilled about getting back in the car for another 10 hour car ride. (oh yeah, that was just a little exaggeration!)
Anyway, we did get to spend the night at the Cepeda's house. I was excited to see all the Cepeda's! Jeremy and Alex play like they've never had any time apart.
So, we went to visit Sarah. She is working at a camp called Vineyard up in Westfield, NC. The closest town is called Mt Airy. It is known for being the home of Andy Griffith and the whole town is set up like Mayberry. It was a little weird to see a whole town devoted to living like a 1950s style TV show. But, Mimi got Jeremy a ride in a classic deputy car. I think it was a 1964 Ford Galaxy 500 (I think.) Jeremy thought it was awesome!And we checked out the courthouse.
This was my favorite!
So, we drove 10 hours to go see Sarah at the camp she is working at.... I'm guessing you have noticed the lack of pictures of Sarah, or camp. Well, someone should really talk to her about that. :)

No comments: