On our way home, we decided to take take a few detours. We made our way through Athens so my mom could relive her college days at the University of Georgia. Our tour of UGA included The Tree That Owns Itself.
Tuesday, July 06, 2010
More photos from the road.
While we were in North Carolina, we stayed in Winston-Salem. One place we really enjoyed was the Reynolda gardens (think Reynolds wrap). They had a whole section devoted to fruit and veggies, another place for just ornamental, one area for white and pink flowers, directly across was the yellow and blue gardens, and then what garden would be complete without thousands of different types of roses. We even found a geocache a few feet from the gardens. 


We were up here for the 4th of July, and Jeremy had never been to a real fireworks show, so I thought this should be the year. Of course, he is completely terrified of fireworks, but I thought if we could just go and see them that he would be rational and realize that they weren't going to get him. I was WRONG!! We went to a huge park a few miles outside of Winston-Salem. We had so much fun playing football until it got dark. The moment the fireworks started I had a possessed child. He was screaming like he was on fire and covering his ears. I was covering his mouth so that everyone around us could try to enjoy themselves. I am pretty sure I have made his phobia worse... we'll just have to wait and see.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment