Thursday, July 02, 2009

In the ATL

We didn't have as much time in Atlanta as we wanted to, so we packed everything in one day. Our first stop for the day was the Atlanta Zoo. We were all pretty surprised at how small the zoo was. I think there are more animal exhibits at the Junior Museum... Rachael had the most fun at the petting zoo. She wanted to take the pig home.We found a couple of wild teenagers in their natural habitat doing their best at communicating with their own kind.We tried wandering around the city for a while, but because it was so hot, we didn't make it very far.Can I beg all of my readers that if I ever do anything worthy of a big statue, please put it inside somewhere. Bird poop on the head is not a way to honor anyone... unless I do something stupid that would make you want to have bird poop on my head.Inside the CNN building.
Our last stop in Atlanta was the Fernbank Museum of Natural History. Jeremy is all about dinosaurs, so he was very excited to go to "the dinosaur museum."
There were a couple of huge dinosaur fossil replicas permanently on display. Jeremy said this one was a long-neck named Little Foot (from the Land Before Time.) In addition to the permanent displays, they also had another exhibit all about dinosaurs as well. I actually enjoyed reading the few plaques Jeremy let me take the time to look at. He spent most of his time running from one thing to the next without more than a glance at what he was looking at. I guess he enjoyed it though.

No comments: