We took the kids to Newfound Gap in the Smokeys. I think they are one of the most beautiful places on the earth!
Monday, June 29, 2009
Food, Goats and Mountains
I had to post this picture. We passed this place on the way to the mountains... it was a gas station/country store that actually had goats living on the roof. The ceiling was covered in sod and bridges for the goats to get to the different levels and roofs. Very strange!
The next part of our family vacation was to spend a couple days around the Great Smokey Mountains. And if you are driving through Dillard, Georgia, you can't possibly pass the Dillard House without stopping. If you have never been, its a beautiful old country style restaurant. When you sit down they serve you everything on the menu. You can order as much as you want, and then when you are ready to leave they give you takeout boxes for everything you didn't eat. I think we had more left overs than after Thanksgiving at BB's house! 


After lunch we visited the restaurant's petting zoo. The goats can jump the fence and get out, so this little guy was wondering around the place.
We stayed a couple of nights in a cabin in Balsam/Sylva, North Carolina not far from the Cepeda family.I was really excited to have Christiane and Alex come stay with us while we were there. Our cabin had a little creek out front that the kids could go play in. 
We took the kids to Newfound Gap in the Smokeys. I think they are one of the most beautiful places on the earth!



We took the kids to Newfound Gap in the Smokeys. I think they are one of the most beautiful places on the earth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Pretty water picture!
Post a Comment