Friday, March 11, 2011

Sweet Grass Dairy Farms Field Trip

Jeremy's class went on a Field Trip to Sweet Grass Dairy Farm in Thomasville. It's a really cute goat farm, and the kids learned a lot about how they make cheese. It was a surprisingly cold day and I couldn't believe how many parents didn't make their kids wear jackets! This lady talked to all the kids about what they were going to see and explained the whole process to the kiddos. I think she was more used to dealing with goats than kids though... it was kinda funny. This is where all the goats were milked. It was so cute, the guy opened the door and the goats filled in and put there heads in the feed box. They didn't even miss one. I didn't get a close up of the milking because I thought that was a little too personal... But it was really interesting and the owners really take good care of their animals!
This was the last picture I got before I dropped my camera straight to the ground while trying to give one of the shivering kids my jacket! It landed lens down and I was so surprised I didn't just completely shatter! Although, it decided it wasn't going to take any more pictures for the rest of the day. A few of the things I missed were the kids tasting the goat cheese and Jeremy's tears over me MAKING HIM TRY IT! And they all got to pet the baby goats that were so stinkin' cute!
All in all it was a really fun day! I'm so glad I'm able to do these special activities with my Jeremy!

No comments: