
Every time we think that the view couldn't possibly get more beautiful, well... it does. This was the view leaving Yellowstone headed to Glacier National Park.

Jeremy loved the red highlights coming down from the sunset.

We stayed at a campground in West Glacier, MT. If you haven't noticed yet by all the pictures, I am loving all the flowers here. They have beautiful hanging baskets that are so full of flowers you can't even see the baskets.


Joey, Jeremy and I took a trip to West Glacier National Park on Going-to-the-Sun Road.


The first thing we saw in the park was Lake McDonald. I was astonished by the water, it was so clear blue-green. The rangers said the color was cause by glacial dust in the water.




These mountains and valleys are supposed to be caused by the glaciers cutting into the mountains. And just for the record, I
don't care if these
mountains are 250 million years old or if they are 4,000 years old. God made them and they are beautiful. The timeline does not add to or take away from their beauty or God's ability to make them.



Here are some more flowers from Glacier National Park. I think it is amazing how these tiny flowers can survive incredibly harsh weather and stay alive through it.









Jeremy was able to touch real, non-
man made snow for the first time.



Jeremy earned another Junior Ranger badge for learning about the plants, animals and how to take care of the park.

Speaking of animals, we did see quite a few including deer, a ground
squirrel and a mommy and baby
mountain goats. The
mountain goat is the official symbol of Glacier National Park.




At the top of the
mountain we were at another continental divide. You can tell we are nearly to Canada because they are starting to show meters and several of the signs in West Glacier were in English and French.

When we were leaving we got to watch another sunset over Lake McDonald.
1 comment:
Gorgeous flowers! What's the temperature like? I noticed Jeremy wearing sweatshirt and shorts...
Post a Comment