
Between Banff and Jasper is the Columbian icefields. The icefields are this huge body of ice that feeds eight major glaciers in the Canadian Rockies. To get to the icefields you get on a bus to drive you to the edge and then you get on another bus with huge tires that is like a big passenger tractor.


So this is the icefield.... it is 130 square miles long and about 1,200 feet deep. So, I guess you could say its a lot of snow and ice. Jeremy loved it because it is the first time he has set foot on real, not man made snow.
Joey filled up a water bottle with glacier water. It is supposed to be so pure enough to drink.
I thought the icefields were beautiful and took a ton of pictures... here are just a few.






1 comment:
Aha! Here are those pesky ice field pictures! Did you backdate this or did I just miss them? Anyway, they're really cool. I like the picture of the wavy crack going up the middle.
Post a Comment