Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring has Sprung

We have had a lot of fun watching winter turn into spring. And while we might not be as up on our yard work and getting our plants in shape as some people *ahem, Tara* we have enjoyed the new baby animals. Jeremy found this frog on a tree. It is a lot smaller than it looks in this picture... it was maybe a centimeter long.Also, my cousin gave me this bird house as a wedding or Christmas present about 6 years ago. This is our second family of birds that has come to nest in it. And yesterday (Easter day) two of the eggs hatched. If you look at the bottom of the nest the mom must have pushed one egg out because it is under the nest.And here is the mom standing guard while Joey and I are trying to quickly take pictures.

3 comments:

allhisblessings said...

Cool animals in your yard! Don't you just love the fuzzy look of the new japanese maple leaves? And I am *ahem* glad that you thought of me while writing this post! :)

Elaine Roberts said...

Thanks. I have to admit, I have been doing quite a bit of yardwork lately. Unfortunately, I currently have NO plants in my front yard right now. I'm working on it. :)

SouthAsiaRocks said...

FUN!!! :)