Saturday, June 02, 2012

First Day of Summer Break 2012

Hi everyone, I'm still here! Although I guess you are used to my long periods of absence! So, today is the first official day of summer break and we had the best day! It started off a family trip to Krispy Kreme for National Donut Day. How could summer be boring when it begins with a donut!
Next stop of the day was blueberry picking with friends. We are so fortunate to have several blueberry farms in our area. Although I think Green Meadow Farms is one of my favorite. The people there are so nice and really want to share their love of plants and growing organic food with people.  I also love their cookbook that has so many recipes. 

So we picked and picked and picked. I gathered about 2 lbs of delicious blueberries!
We kept picking until some of us were too tired to walk! 
Then we went to Nanny and Papa's house for some swimming! If you know much about Jeremy then you know he isn't the worlds best eater. But I was so clad that he gave some watermelon a try and decided that he did in fact like it... even if he did only take three or four bites.  So, that was enough for me to call it a successful day! 

No comments: