Monday, June 04, 2012

Best Ever Blueberry Muffins!

So, I know what you are wondering! What did I do with 2 pounds of blueberries??? Well, I've followed a perfectly good recipe my friend Tara gave me: "put them in your mouth, chew, swallow, repeat." But I've been in the baking mood (I know, weird! Right?) So, I have to share a recipe I found and tweaked a little!

Best Ever Blueberry Muffins!
muffins:
2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
2 cup fresh blueberries

Crumb topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup softened butter, cubed
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2-3 tbs rolled oats

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin cups.
2. Combine dry ingredients. In a 2 cup measuring cup add oil, eggs and enough milk to get it to 2 cups and whisk. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups to the top and sprinkle crumb topping mixture.
3. To make crumb topping, mix together with a fork or butter knife until it looks like little gravel sized chunks.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven or until done.

Makes about 16-20 muffins!





No comments: