Sunday, June 13, 2010

2010 Road Trip: Yosemite National Park, CA

Our next stop our our trip was to Yosemite National Park. I didn't realize that after our flight we still had a seven hour drive south to our campsite. We were all tired and exhausted, but the views were amazing! We drove across Tioga Pass which is the only road that goes all the way across the park from East to West.
I was dreading getting back in the car after our long day the day before. But we were up with the sun and ready for our next adventure: Yosemite.
Our first stop was Glacier Point where you could see several of the waterfalls, mountian peaks and granite cliffs. The 20 mile drive up the side of the mountian was crazy though. I'm still not used to changing elevations.Jeremy thinks he is a little mountian goat jumping around everywhere we go. This is Bridalveil falls, one of the largest water falls in North America.I was really excited to look around the Ansel Adams Gallery. It had beautiful photos from other local artists too. I got a Christmas Ornament made by one of the artists that looks like a dogwood leaf.Jeremy completed his first Junior Ranger book for this trip. He really gets excited about doing them!This is a close up of Bridalveil Falls. We were standing right under it and it was hard to get a picture without getting my camera all wet from the mist. This is the stream down from the falls. GORGEOUS! On our way out of the park, we went by the Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias. There is a sign that says " Big Trees ---> " They weren't kidding!This is the roots of a fallen giant Sequoia.We measured around the base of one of the trees... there are very few that they will let you touch. So, we measured lengths in "Jeremy's" (his fingertip to fingertip). This tree was 12 Jeremy's wide.

2 comments:

allhisblessings said...

Okay I tried to leave a comment on your newest post but it said you had disabled comments for that post. ???
But your photos are looking awesome! I'm so jealous. What beautiful places. Why do we live in Florida?

Laura said...

Me too on leaving the comment on your latest post. Looks like you guys are having a wonderful time. Sequoia was actually our least favorite national park. The whole bear thing stressed me out! Your pictures are wonderful!