Saturday, April 24, 2010

Name that insect...

This afternoon while geocaching, Jeremy found this, um, cacoon looking thing. It is black and about 2 inches long. It has a hard shell and kind of moves when you hold it. (Well, when he holds it... I'm not touhing it!) We are taking it home and putting it in a jar to see if it hatches. Jeremy has already named it Monster. And for he record, I'm planning on keeping it somewhere dark and away from water until it hatches and we know for sure what it is! So, do we have any guesses???

1 comment:

allhisblessings said...

Well, I find them all of the time when digging for my garden. I think it's some kind of moth or possibly a cicada. Faith kept one once a few years ago and it just eventually stopped wiggling. Don't know if it died or what. If it's a cicada, it won't emerge for about 17 years! :)