Saturday, September 05, 2009

A Trip to the Korean Market

I don't think that I have mentioned that my mom is hosting a Korean student for this school year; her name is DaYoung. She has been here for almost a month, and I'm always up for a little cultural experience so we took a little trip to the Korean Market with DaYoung and some of her friends. We found several interesting things... here are a few that were interesting.After we finished at the Market the girls cooked a real Korean meal. DaYoung said it was street food that vendors would sell like we would get hotdogs on the streets in big cities in America. We all tried it, and it was really good. These are very similar to egg rolls.And I have no idea what you call this, but it is made out of red pepper paste, cabage and the pasta looking things are like rice cakes.

No comments: