Friday, July 31, 2009

Cross Country Roadtrip: Devils Tower, WY

Today we finally crossed over into Wyoming and are on our way to Yellowstone National Park.
The whole area is beautiful. I've always wondered what "big sky country" was all about and how big it really was. But wow, there was land farther than you could see! We stopped by Devils Tower. One more National Park checked off in our Passport book.
The plants and flower around the park were also very pretty. I'm so used to knowing almost every plant I can see in Florida, but here so many are different and new. Its fun trying to figure out what everything is. I would even read some signs if Jeremy would slow down long enough to let me.Once again we saw a field of prairie land where there were several prairie dogs. These were really close to the road and a lot less timid than the ones in the Black Hills.Jeremy checking out the prarie dogs. Yes, we were stopped!

No comments: