Greenstick fracture - Technically defined as the bending of a bone with incomplete fracture involving the convex side of the curve only, green stick fractures are characterized by a break in the bone which partially extends across and then along the length of the bone forming the characteristic fracture pattern for which it is named.

So, we went to the orthopedist and had a cast put on. Everyone in the office was so sweet to Jeremy and joked around with him. He picked out the dark blue cast to be like batman (hey, it made since to him.) I had to have the doctor sit my little monkey down and explain to him that he still can't jump around or whack people with his cast.
It will probably put a little damper on our swimming fun, and really, what else is there to do in Florida in August??? But we should be done with the cast in four weeks. I am so proud of Jeremy for being a big boy all day!

3 comments:
what a big boy!!
awww... poor little guy! Cool looking cast though :) I had a summer when I had a cast (actually multiple) for 3 months - the WHOLE summer (except for one week)...
He looks cute in his cast :)
I'm finally getting all caught up on your blog :) That's a cool underwater camera! Is the camera waterproof?? We have a little waterproof case for our camera - but that camera sounds cool! Great pics!
Post a Comment