Monday, June 30, 2008
Maclay Gardens with the Blessings
It started out as a fun morning at Maclay Gardens. Tara and I were going to do a little exercising while the kids played on the playground and then we were going to go swimming in the lake. Not long after we arrived we began to hear the faint rumble of thunder. Because we have both spent most of our lives in Florida we didn't think much of it.
About an hour later we realized that it was going to storm fairly quickly so we we let the kids play in the lake until it started raining. By the time we make it back to our cars it is pouring, lot of thunder, and we have three soaking wet kids and a dachshund that are all cold. Then I get in my car and NOTHING. The battery is dead. (Tara and I do have a history of not having the greatest luck when at Maclay Gardens with a dachshund but that is another story.)
Because I have an amazing husband who is always prepared I knew that I had jumper cables. Because I have an amazing husband who always takes care of things, I don't think I have ever used them. So, Tara and I attempt to jump off the car while holding an umbrella (lightning rod)and standing in a puddle of water (isn't water and lightning a bad combo???)
We never did get the car cranked probably because I connected the cables to the fuse box and blew my main fuse (don't ask, but I'm glad I'm a girl so I won't take it personally when you make fun of me.) Tara brought me home and we had really good salads while the kids ate quietly and watched a movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OH THE SHAME!! We couldn't even find the battery... well, I guess there are worse things to happen in life. But I promise, there was a picture of a battery on that fuse box!!
Post a Comment