Monday, December 17, 2007

THE Club House

Have I mentioned that I have the most awesome husband in the world? Well, I do... He has spent all of his free time for the last month building this swing set at his mom's house for Nanny and Papa's grand kids with Uncle David, and some help from his brother-in-law, Kyle. Of course, Joey, being his usual self was not happy with any factory made swing set. So, he found a picture of one he wanted and just built it. I'm not really into building--I'm not even too fond of Legos--so this sounds really difficult to me. Even the one that he found was too small. So, now we have an 8x8 foot platform with a second story and room for 3 swing (that, I should add, can hold a 300 pound man), and a tire swing.
The pictures really don't even do it justice... it is HUGE! And I have to say thank to you Uncle David who bought the tunnel slide and really did a huge part of the work with Joey. Joey had a blast building this with Uncle David. He loves learning how to do stuff like this... and Uncle David knows alot about building. So
And here it is! The only things that are left are some minor things like a flag, wood engraved name plates, steering wheels, and telescopes.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Wow! That things awesome! But are you sure Joey built it for the grandkids??? I think he's having more fun playing on it. :)

SouthAsiaRocks said...

That is AMAZING! I'm super impressed :) I want to come play on it :) That ROCKS!

allhisblessings said...

Looks Great! I wanna play! Hey by the way, we still want that extra slide you have...