Saturday, February 24, 2007

Pinecone Bird Feeders


Tonight we made pinecone bird feeders with peanut butter and birdseed. Jeremy and Alex got a kick out of hanging them on the little tree in our front yard. Alex thought we were making a Christmas tree.


What gave me the idea to let the kids make these is that behind our house the city is clearing out the land to make an access road to the new Walmart. Hundreds of beautiful trees have been cut down. A few mornings ago, when I woke up and opened the blinds there were at least a hundred birds (Joey said they were doves) in our backyard. How cool, huh?

1 comment:

Jeremy's fam said...

For all of you who are interested, I finally saw a bird on the tree eating the birdseed this morning. Of course, he flew away before I could show Jeremy or get a picture.